Thursday, March 8, 2012

7 Quick Takes 3.9.12

1) It's here, it's here! Well, almost - Behold festivities officially begin at 4pm with a kickoff Mass and dinner for the volunteers. I have the privelege of participating in the Blogger Summit to discuss new media in general and possibilities for future conferences. To say I'll be "participating" might be stretching it, as most likely I'll be sitting in awe of these women and trying to soak up any wisdom they might offer!

2) This leads me to my next point, which is that I do not exactly know where (if anywhere) this blog is going. I love having a written record of my boys' milestones and the little moments I don't want to forget, but I also enjoy writing more reflective pieces and sharing my thoughts on various topics. I'm in no hurry to make any big changes, but we'll see what happens.

3) Is spring here? It's not time to put away the winter coats yet, but I am feeling confident we are done with worst of it (which wasn't that bad at all this year!). My husband is convinced that it didn't snow much this year because we finally bought a snowblower, so now he is considering buying a new lawnmower in hopes that the grass won't grow... Good luck with that.

4) And since we may not see any more snow this year, I'm glad I took a few more pictures:

5) My brother is in India for 2 1/2 weeks right now. He is there as part of his MBA program. So far his trip has consisted of his luggage being lost in Moscow, taking in the "interesting" smells in Delhi (he says the air is so polluted it sometimes burns to breathe), and rafting in the Ganges River. Pray for a safe trip for him, please!

6) I tried the new Kraft cheese and breadcrumb mix on chicken tonight. It was excellent! We had the southwest version and I made some cilantro-lime rice with it. During prayers before bed, Lucas actually said, "Thank you God for our rice and meat!" Even he liked it, which says a lot. : )

7) I've decided that working on the Behold Conference is almost as much work as planning a wedding - and there are a hundred other women working on some aspect of Behold! I'm very excited for this weekend, but I'm looking forward to waking up on Monday and wondering what I'm going to do with all my time!

Read more Quick Takes over at Conversion Diary... or just show up at Behold and meet Jen, Kate, Hallie, Danielle, Lisa, Sr. Helena, Amy, Arwen, Mary, Emily, Sarah, Celeste, Cat, and Elizabeth in person! (Plus Bonnie, Leanne, Nancy, Kelly, Katie, and more!)

1 comment:

  1. On #2, I have to admit - I have been blogging since 2006, and I'm still not sure where my blog is going. Hopefully you can figure it out more quickly than I have. ;)

    I am sad to not be going to Behold. I was thinking about going, and then my husband had to be away for part of that day. I was so disappointed! I'm hoping to be able to attend next year.

    ReplyDelete